Tuesday, August 28, 2012
I've thought about this for a long time; I love wonderfully-complex, it's my baby and my outlet. But I'm at a stage in my life I'm going through a lot and I need some clarity and to focus on growing me. Wonderfully-complex was too thick with goals I just don't have the energy to focus on right now. I need my energy to be focused on making Mitzi a better woman. I'm a new 30-year-old, and too old to be going through these issues. These issues need to be nipped in the bud, so I'm saying goodbye to Wonderfully-complex for a while and starting a journal type blog where I only have one goal - to make Mitzi a whole woman. Since my old blog was a Hodge-podge of so many things, I need a fresh start. So, please update your blog readers by deleting wonderfully-complex and adding my new blog page...
Black Butterfly Chronicles
It's not up and running yet, my girlfriend is supposed to come by and take some really cool pics of me to add to my blog design. So goodbye wonderfully-complex and Toot - no nicknames, no alter egos, just me...Mitzi.
It's been fun :)
at 9:14 AM
Friday, August 24, 2012
Thursday, August 23, 2012
- I have never colored my hair. I'll be doing this really soon.
- I have never gone on a picnic in the park. When asked by guys I've dated, this is always at the top of my list; but I guess it was never excited enough to them. I'll just have to take myself.
- I have never watched a sunrise. I want to this so bad, I may get this done tomorrow. I wish I had a beautiful back drop though.
- I have never walked willing in the rain. I would love to just feel the freedom of being carefree.
- I have never kissed a guy I'm with in front of my parents.
- I have never been skinny dipping (had to add a fun one in there!!)
The thing we most take for granted is time. We feel it's ours until we become old and that we have time to do all the things we want to do. If I had all the time in the world I would so much but I know we are all in borrowed time. He ended our conversation by saying I would have hugged a bit longer and laughed a lot harder, never forget that. He has inspired me to squeeze every moment of happiness out of life, he has inspired me to just dance and laugh and smile and enjoy everything that comes my way. How unfortunate are those who know they are limited and have to deal with the inevitability of death everyday that they wake up. My heart hurts for him because he is at the prime of his life, only 47, and he has to say so many goodbyes so soon. What are some never have I Evers on your list?
at 12:54 PM
Friday, August 17, 2012
Yes, this is Tootie from The Facts of Life, lol! In so many ways I'm just like her; sweet, somewhat naive, and a hopeless optimist. I must admit, being in this state feels so good because you're often blind to the obvious and have no idea that there are things around that could hurt you. I guess I've kind of stayed like this because I give so much of myself to the people I love and I'm often devastated when I'm let down. Slowly, I'm moving into more of a mindset to where I'm looking out for me and my daughter only - just because I can't handle any more let downs.
I've always been optimistic that I will be some one's true love and that they will want to be with me for who I am. I know we all are victims of this pipe dream - it's a dream we are sold even before we're able to date and fall in love (happily ever after stories and what-not). But, slowly I'm starting to realize that the 'forever love' type scenario is only destined for certain people. Sadly, I'm not one of them. I've been a good friend, a good girlfriend, a great buddy, but not someone worth fighting for or keeping around. I've been that person more times than I can count and frankly, I'm tired of putting myself in that predicament.
Reflecting and knowing all of this has lead me to call it quits on thinking that true love is for me. After a hard cry last night and lots of thinking, I'm never going to allow myself to be with or give my heart to anyone else. I'm tired of never being good enough for the fight. My daughter loves me dearly and without any reservations, and until I stop breathing...that's all I need.
Okay, I'm done venting....
at 8:29 AM
Monday, August 13, 2012
My girl Ebbs awarded me with a Liebster blog award!! Yay!!!! This has taken me so long to get done because I'm doing it in between my work (yeah, I gets down like that). The Liebster award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers. This is a great way to show some love and increase your followers at the same time. Thank you Ebbs for thinking of me!!!
Rules for the award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves
2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Notify the people you have tagged.
5. No tag backs.
11 facts about me:
1. I am so afraid of heights it's not even funny.
2. I really have the attention span of a lima bean, but I try to pay attention anyway.
3. I hate it when people refuse to take care of their feet, but decide to put them on me anyway...ewwww.
4. Groups of large birds make me nervous.
5. I used to hate shopping for clothes, now I can't stop (somebody help me please)
6. I've always wanted a big dog, but go with the smalls ones anyway. This year for my ladybug and me...go BIG or go home!!!
7. My arms are Always too short to use the ATM comfortably...no matter what type of car I'm in
8. I have a BIG fear of failure :(
9. I wish I could stay home and bake/decorate cakes all day...and eat them without consequences.
10. I just started a new job and I'm ready to make my next moves my best moves
11. I sound like a kid over the phone (unless I just woke up - then I sound like my name is Mike...)
Questions from Ebbs!!!
1. What are you currently listening to on your iPod or MP3 Player (So I can get some ideas)? Marvin Gaye (and LOTS of it), Drake-Take Care, Emalie Sande (Love, love, love her), PM Dawn (oldie but goodie), Young Jeezy (motivation music), Frank Ocean (new to me)
My Questions to you!
1. What is a major goal that you have been able to cross off your list this year?
2. If you could throw caution to the wind and hop on a plane to go anywhere (all expenses paid) where would you go?
3. What is your favorite color for this spring/summer?
4. If you had $1 million to give to any charity, what would it be and why? (and YOU can't be your Charity of choice, lol)
5. What's your ALL time weakness - I mean the urge so strong you can't even resist?
6. What your greatest accomplishment thus far?
7. Your workout playlist, please share...
8. What's your favorite workout (strength, cardio, circuit, or a specific dvd)?
9. If you could change your career right now, would you and what would you be?
10. What's your healthy go-to snack?
11. What's one thing you've learned from blogging?
all the weigh
Ro Gets Fit
30 things to do while 30
Black girl gets fit
Happy Monday Everyone!!!!
at 8:32 AM
Thursday, August 9, 2012
So, in other news the job is going great! So happy to be with a company I can see myself moving up with. Downfall to the last three weeks has been being stuck in a training room with six other people. This one guy says AX instead of ASK when he's talking to people and he types loud...banging my head against the desk may get me committed so I keep my ear buds in, lol! The area is great; my cousin and his wife lives here and they invited me to her birthday cookout last Saturday. Their friends are hilarious and I can see myself hanging out with them on a regular basis. Bad note, I have yet to find a hair salon...about to get on the hunt for that asap!
I've also signed up for a home buying program in my area! I'm so excited because I'm am too through with apartments! I'm hoping to be in a home by the end of my lease, so y'all keep me in your thoughts and send me some good home-buyer vibes. My first workshop is next month...4 HOURS LONG...how in the hell am I supposed to survive that? Well, like they say...anything worth having is worth working for. So, I hope to add home owner to my hat rack soon. I'm excited, my daughter and I deserve to be in a space we can call our own, with a big yard, and a community she can grow up in. The terms of the program are pretty rigorous, but like I said, I WANT THIS so I'm going to do whatever it takes!
I also received a Lieber award from Ebb's and I will post that tonight...if I can get my Internet to work. Dammit Time Warner Cable :(
Anywho, I look forward to blogging more often and crossing more things off my list. I have something coming up for next month so stay tuned!
at 11:09 AM
Monday, July 23, 2012
Hey blog land! Whew…lot’s of things going on with yours truly! New job, moving, new beginnings, changes, personal growth, etc…etc…
First thing’s first…30 in 30 bucket list!! I get to cross two things off my list and I’m so happy! All smiles right now.
13. Make a career change – not really a career change in itself, but a good move for my career. More opportunities for growth and development, more things to learn, and soon I’ll be climbing that ladder! I was okay with my previous job, but I was just OKAY…not ecstatic, not overjoyed, but I was somewhat comfortable. Making this change is big for me, stepping outside of my box, putting myself out there, and it paid off! 30. Move to a new city (fingers crossed on that one) – I did this one and I’m so happy! I’m totally in love with my new city! Frankly, Columbia was boring me to death! Now I’m in the Queen City (don’t be stalking Miss. Tootie now kiddies, lol). I’m hoping that this city will be good for Mia and myself – more things to do will mean more fun for us.
So, that’s a wrap for the 30 in 30 bucket list…for now.
Recently, I’ve been tapping into my diva side by wanting to shop more and actually take the time to put my outfits together. The one thing about being overweight is that it’s hard to find clothes to fit me. This being fat thing is really hindering my Diva status, seriously people…this is like a wet blanket on my fabulous parade. Sooooo…back to they gym I go. I was super excited, then I’m starting to experience NC humidity…oh lawd, I need to make an appointment with my pulmonologist cause I’m going to pass out and die from oxygen deprivation! Shit!!!! I was in true fat girl mode while walking from the gym, I was breathing like I had a Ho Ho stored in my left cheek. Having Asthma in the south is no good :(
Anywho, have a good night!
at 10:58 PM